How To Make Marshmallow Centred Chocolate Cupcakes

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Marshmallow Centred Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Marshmallows and chocolate are two of my favourite things, so when I saw this recipe for chocolate cupcakes with a gooey marshmallow centre I couldn't resist!
I'll be honest, I cheated a little bit and used Betty Crocker Devil Food cake mix instead of making my own. My excuse is that I was so eager to make these that I couldn't waste time mixing ingredients!

I used:
-1 packet Betty Crocker Devil Food mix
-A few drops of vanilla extract
-1 packet marshmallows
-200g Icing sugar
-150g Butter
-100g Milk chocolate

Marshmallow Centred Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Once the cake mix was ready, I distributed it into cupcake cases, and pushed one marshmallow in to the centre of each. I then put them in the oven at 160°C for around 20 minutes. When they came out, there was a dip in the cakes where the marshmallow had been, I popped another marshmallow in the dip and put them back in the oven for a few minutes until the marshmallow had melted.

To make the icing I melted the milk chocolate, and then mixed it with the icing sugar and butter. I piped it on to the cakes and added a few chocolate curls I had in the cupboard for decoration.

When you cut into the cake you will see the marshmallow has melted into the other ingredients to make a gooey, chocolate-y, delicious cake!

Marshmallow Centred Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
I thought these would make a really cute Valentine's Day present if they were all wrapped up nicely. Perhaps swapping the chocolate cake for Red Velvet and putting some heart shaped sprinkles on top would make the cupcakes even more Valentine's Day appropriate!

What do you think? Have you baked anything delicious lately?

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments