Dogtooth

Saturday, September 28, 2013

The first trend I noticed when looking through the recent fashion week photos was dogtooth print. I know we've just had the S/S 14 fashion week but seeing as we're only just going into A/W I thought I'd put together a post about how the trend lends itself to our current A/W wardrobes! 



These are the dogtooth catwalk images that stood out to me the most. 
From L-R: Top: Antipodium at London Fashion Week, Balmain at Paris Fashion Week. Bottom: Richard Nicoll at London Fashion Week, Paul Smith at London Fashion Week, and Antipodium at London Fashion Week. 

I love the different textures the designers have used to showcase the print. I think it really works well in all seasons as it suits both light and flowy fabrics as seen at the Richard Nicoll and Paul Smith shows, as well as heavy, colder weather suiting fabrics as seen at Balmain. The different colours designers have used in the print is pretty unique, as before now dogtooth print has been pretty much exclusively black and white.


Here I've put together a little collage of dogtooth print items available in stores now, and clothes to make the items more A/W-like.

I especially love the Matalan shorts and Miss Selfridge dress. The Forever 21 fuzzy jumper would look great with the shorts, and give them more of an A/W style, especially if worn with the River Island boots and some cosy tights! The nail wraps are a cute way of giving a subtle nod to the trend if you're not keen on going all out dogtooth print. Overall I think this is a really nice trend, that lends itself well to all seasons and could suit pretty much anyone, I think it will be here to stay for a while.

You Might Also Like

0 comments