Paris is always a good idea...

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I'd been to Paris a few times when I was really young, but always felt that I didn't really appreciate it.
So, a few months ago my boyfriend and I decided to book a trip to re-visit the city with fresh eyes! 



We left at the very beginning of January, travelling by Eurostar (which was a lot quicker than I expected!) and arrived in an unseasonably sunny Paris before lunchtime. 


We spent our few days there visiting all the typical tourist attractions, going up the Eiffel Tower to see the beautiful views, visiting the Louvre, walking around Notre Dame and then down to the 'Love Lock Bridge'. We also spent hours walking up and down the Champs Elysees eyeing up the designer bags I can't afford! 



I insisted we went to Disneyland while we were there, you're never too old for Disneyland! It was still all decorated for Christmas, and the fireworks/light show at the end of the day was amazing, I want to live there!  


Of course, a lot of time was spent eating delicious pastries, macaroons and crepes, as well as a LOT of baguettes. I'd heard Paris was expensive, I just didn't realise quite how expensive! More than once we paid 4 for a can of coke. 
The only thing I regret is that I didn't get the chance to visit the famous City Pharma to browse all the lovely french skin care. Oh well, what a good excuse to go back?! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments