Summer 2014 Nails

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Summer 2014 Nail Trends
I always prefer wearing Spring/Summer nail colours over more wintery tones. Pastel, bright and neon polishes make for pretty fingers! I've put together a collection of my favourite Summer 2014 nail colours which haven't left my nails for the past few months. 

From left to right the first polish is Bourjois So Laque Glossy in Ciel Mon Vernis. I was attracted to this polish by the gorgeous powder blue colour, it's so pretty on and a perfect summer polish! I haven't been majorly impressed by the formula of this one, it needs a fair few coats and goes on quite runny. However, as you can see from the half empty bottle the formula definitely hasn't put me off using this colour! 

The second polish in my collection is Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Dragon Fruit. Barry M Gelly Nail Paints are a firm favourite of mine, opaque in 2 coats and quick drying; they are perfect for an impatient nail painter like myself! Dragon Fruit isn't a colour I'd typically go for, but the girly side in me was drawn to the bubblegum pink polish! 

The third polish is one I was not expecting to love at all. It's actually from Primark's new beauty range P.S Love. The shade doesn't seem to have a name but it's a neon orange/coral which looks amazing with a tan. The polish is slightly gloopy but with thin coats and a bit of patience it looks amazing and I'll definitely be wearing this continuously all Summer! What is really annoying is that the lid goes on wonky, WHY PRIMARK?

The final nail polish I have been loving lately is another Barry M Gelly Nail Paint, this time in Greenberry. This has been a long time favourite but I love it even more in the Spring and Summer. A bright, mint green that looks amazing on the nails, it's definitely my go-to Summer nail polish! 

Summer 2014 Nail Trends
So, these are the polishes I've been rotating on my nails through this Summer! I would love to know your favourite polishes?

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments